Casino Data Marketing Analyst
The GCO Marketing Data Analyst provides key insights into the profitability and effectiveness for various acquisition and retention marketing programs by creating analytical dashboards, models, and presentations. This role supports multiple teams within the marketing department, including group events, promotions and incentives, guest services, guest insights, and partnership acquisition. Responsibilities include the ownership of long-term initiatives as well as quick-turnaround ad-hoc requests, including guest research analysis, business and marketing analysis. This role is supported through the guidance of the rest of the Insights & Analytics team along with other data specialists across GCO, with business knowledge provided by the Casino Marketing team. Strong SQL skills with demonstrable experience is required for this position as well as previous experience leading analytic projects. This role will need to take ownership of long-term and short-term analytical initiatives, overseeing projects from conception to completion. A self-sufficient mindset and out of the box thinker is required for this role.
- Define, evaluate, and analyze success metrics for various promotions, trials, and tests. Reach concrete conclusions supported by facts.
- Prepare and supply data for key processes both shipboard and shore-side, within GCO and with each of the brand partners
- Interpret data and present results in a clear and concise way. Clearly communicate findings in written and verbal form. Drive insight. Prepare and present formal reviews (at least quarterly) to both the working team and senior management (SVP, EVP, etc).
- Partner with Global Casino Operations Analytics team and brand IT teams to grow and improve the quality of data available to inform guest offers and analysis of the business
- Review recurring needs and questions with an eye to automate and streamline processes where possible.
- Support the Casino Guest Services team, as well as brand call centers with needed data to assist them in providing exceptional guest service
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Discipline/Major: Data-related, technical or mathematical
- Required Years & Area of Professional Experience: 2+ years of experience in performance/financial analysis
- Critical Professional Related Technical/Computer Skills: Demonstrated experience in SAS, R, SQL or related tools/languages
- Other Requirements: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Facilitates cross-functional learning and conversations across teams. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Capable of delivering results in a remote/hybrid work environment
- Preferred Experience and Type: SAS9 or Viya experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abililties: Experience with Tableau or PowerBI and strong ability to visualize findings; past experience in object-oriented programming preferred
- Operational: Decisions focus on day-to-day activities within the company. Decisions made at this level help to ensure that daily activities proceed smoothly and therefore help to move the company toward reaching a strategic goal. They have short term consequences. Examples are: Handling employee conflicts, purchasing materials needed for operations.
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time. .
Travel: Less than 25% with shipboard travel likely
Work Conditions: Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Other job specific working conditions Remote work possible.
The range for this role’s salary range is $60,600-$75,000. Offers to the selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles may also be eligible to participate in Carnival’s discretionary equity incentive plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program and wellness center at our Miami campus
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus