Job ID 11653377
Senior Manager, Deployment & Itinerary Planning
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
- Provide "Compelling Worldwide Itineraries" by managing the development and rollout of deployment and itineraries for all marketing products and ships.
- Design and develop new itineraries, as prescribed by the Sr. Director, for deployment purposes.
- Design and develop new itineraries in order to resolve unexpected problems and situations that occur on a day-to-day basis.
- Act as Deployment and Itinerary Planning Matter Expert within the company and the industry.
Manage Deployment and Itinerary planning communications, including postings on eFleet.
- Perform nautical safety & risk assessments for all deployments and itineraries.
- Manage fuel savings efforts related to deployment and itinerary planning.
- Manage the development, introduction and implementation of Deployment and Itinerary Planning technology and innovation.
- Create new business processes and roadmaps as needed to achieve Deployment and Itinerary Planning goals. Manage and communicate the port reservations for Half Moon Cay.
- Fulfill the goal of providing "Compelling Worldwide Itineraries", one of the 5 key areas outlined in the Company Profile.
- Manage the development of deployments & itineraries for all marketing products and all Holland America Line ships and facilitate collaboration with all stakeholders throughout the planning process.
- Provide deployment optimization methodologies utilizing forecasting tools such as DPM.
- Create compelling itineraries with particular emphasis on commercial profitability, safety, operational feasibility and operating cost efficiency.
- Design and develop new itineraries, as prescribed by the Director, for deployment purposes and in order to resolve unexpected problems and situations that occur on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for ensuring planning process considers all relevant commercial, marketing, financial, nautical, safety, environmental and other operational aspects.
- Manage deployment and itinerary analysis; develop relevant metrics and key performance indicators and track target delivery.
- Manage Holland America Line's Fuel Conservation efforts related to Deployment & Itinerary Planning, including calculation and analysis of fleet fuel consumption data.
- Act as Environmental Regulation Subject Matter Expert within company; provide deployment & itinerary operating cost impact analyses as well as mitigation plans.
- Perform Voyage Deployment Safety & Risk Assessments for all Holland America Line vessels and marketing products.
- Develop new itineraries, as prescribed by the Sr. Director, and offer critical support to the Charter & Incentives department
- Research existing and potential destinations including all technical & nautical aspects, marketing prospects, tour potential and costs (travel required).
- Responsible for performing port assessment and completing approval process for all new Holland America Line destinations.
- Act as Deployment & Itinerary Planning Subject Matter Expert within the company and the industry. Attend committee meetings and planning meetings as needed to fulfill this role.
- Attend conferences and forums as needs to develop and fulfill this role (travel required).
- Manage official port reservation schedule for Holland America Line's private island, Half Moon Cay, in accordance with all relevant HAL policies.
- Manage all aspects of Deployment & Itinerary planning data including mission critical systems such as eFleet and MXP.
- Manage all Deployment & Itinerary planning communications.
- Manage the development, introduction and implementation of Deployment & Itinerary planning technology and innovation.
- Create new business processes and roadmaps needed to achieve Deployment & Itinerary Planning goals.
- Manage and assist current and future subordinates.
- Bachelor's degree in Navigation and/or Nautical Engineering
Licensed navigational officer (All Ships)
- Minimum 2 years experience as a senior navigation officer, preferably on a Holland America Line vessel
- Comprehensive nautical and technical knowledge of vessel operations, procedures and management structure
- A thorough understanding of cruise destinations
- The ability to evaluate a destination's qualification from multiple perspectives and disciplines (i.e. marketing, operations & tour)
- Skilled in the usage of nautical (planning) software and hardware, such as Transas
- Comprehensive knowledge of the cruise industry in general and an understanding of events and trends that shape and drive the cruise industry
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills, advanced proficiency in Excel (formulaic)
- Strong organizational and management skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of Deployment and Itinerary planning data management tools such as eFleet and MXP
- Understanding of the Safety Management System, specifically in regards to Maritime, Safety, Regulatory and Environmental issues
- Valid passport and ability to travel
- Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per fiscal year
- 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
- Profit Sharing Plan- Eligible after 1 year of service
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
- Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.