Long Beach Cruise Terminal ManagerJob ID 637 Date posted 05/12/2021
We are seeking a Manager for the Long Beach Cruise Terminal
This individual will be responsible for the day to day management of the Long Beach Cruise Terminal including daily operations and associated government, private sector & port partner relationships.
- Oversee cruise terminal operations, parking garage operations and administrative requirements and needs for the Long Beach Cruise Terminal and supporting operational improvement.
- Acting Facility Security Office (FSO). Ensure overall compliance with USCG regulations concerning port facility security plan.
- Represent Carnival Cruise Line via industry stakeholder groups (e.g. CLIA – North-West America & Canada Region) partnering with Senior Leaderships to ensure that the best interests of Carnival are represented as well as benchmarking and reporting of industry trends.
- Ensure close communication, collaboration with all applicable port stakeholder (internal & external) e.g. City of Long Beach, Port authorities, government agencies related to the cruise terminal and port/ pier side development projects in connection with Carnival Corporation.
- Assist in capital improvement and/or expansion projects for the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Assist Carnival HQ in defining scope, bid review and formulating recommendations. Manage execution and direct as required from a quality, financial and/or time management perspective.
- Review and approve invoices for the Cruise Terminal and associated operational expenses related to Long Beach Cruise Terminal Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Operations experience or related fields
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the cruise or maritime or associated industry operational experience.
- Knowledge of local laws and maritime laws.
- Port operations, maritime, or nautical operations & security services experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to partner with every aspect of local government, shipboard operations, Knowledge of budgets.
- Work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse and resolve issues independently.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Working at Carnival Corporation
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.Working at Carnival Cruise Lines