Company: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEArea of Interest: SalesLocation: MiramarState: FloridaJob Title: Specialist, Global Sales
We are currently seeking a Global Sales Specialist! This is a heavy inbound call center position. The Global Sales Specialist is responsible for servicing incoming calls from our travel partners and direct casino guests for individual and possibly special casino group business. In addition to Sales, we also Service our existing casino bookings. This position involves moderate to high level decision making with authority to make changes and updates. The Global Sales Specialist must collaborate with cross-functional departments and respond in a positive and expedited manner. They must have the ability to de-escalate a challenging situation and offer the best resolution to the guest within guidelines. They must also be able to effectively communicate with upper management.
- Exceptional sales/customer service skills
- Effective listening skills
- Outgoing personality/positive
- Passion for sales – cruise vacations
- Highly motivated
- PC literate
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Maintains product knowledge
- Stays current on new information in regards to new sales, new products, casino and marketing campaigns
- Represents the Carnival brand in and outside of the office (fun, enthusiastic, upbeat, rapport)
- Wants to be part of a FUN, successful culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have at least 1 year call center experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work requires continual attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to complete multiple projects, implement decision strategies and effectively communicate to upper management
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Ability to demonstrate excellent adherence to schedule
- Ability to be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Receptive and participates in on-going coaching sessions from your Supervisor, Quality Assurance as well as contributes to team meetings for continual development and growth
- Experience navigating through and handling escalated issues
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Certified Great Place to Work .
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 26 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience. Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)