Company: CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLCArea of Interest: Executive ManagementLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Sr. Manager, Strategic Exp. Commerce
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager for Strategic Experience Commerce! Global Experience and Innovation seeks to passionately ensure ALL of our Guests can ACHIEVE their DREAM vacation experience. With a focus on helping all brands within the global portfolio become "first choice" by going well beyond Guest needs, wants and desires in ways that would never be anticipated by Guests or duplicated by competition, Gxi seeks to drive enterprise value and sustainable competitive differentiation. Through "Guest Centricity" and innovation, Gxi drives "step function" experience innovations by discovering opportunities, pushing beyond boundaries and intersecting of creative, technology, business and operations disciplines in both physical and digital dimensions. The Gxi team is composed of highly passionate people who can not only dream and create, but deliver high impact results. The Gxi team embraces diversity and empowers imagination. We seek achievers, visionaries, creators, drivers and activators with deep passion for experience excellence.
- Collaborates with multiple internal departments, external suppliers and partners to bring new products to market to enhance the guest experience leveraging insights and guest centricity.
- Develops new product and business ideas from concept to production to selling the product in the market (pre/post-cruise and onboard).
- Works with business owners across the brands as needed to identify, assist and develop strategies focused on securing a unique brand position.
- Introduces new and/or improved strategies to ensure the brand and underlying products are relevant with the target audience.
- Develops and positions the brand and products in a distinctive manner to maximize brand value proposition for potential guests.
- Assesses and identifies opportunities for improvement in products, positioning, channel or sourcing and then develops proposals to achieve those enhancements.
- Leads internal partnerships and cross functional team members to develop strategies based on existing and new opportunities.
- Performs analysis to better inform current decisions that will have a long-range brand impacts.
- Leverages trends and insights to ensure brand and product messaging are being communicated clearly and awareness maximized.
- Implements internal communication and training for retail staff to ensure brand and product clarity is communicated to the guest.
- Understands and drives customer insights and competitive information for cruise and land vacations to better market the overall cruise vacation.
- Conducts periodic sales reviews including interaction with guests, crew and brand representatives to determine strategies of optimizing outcomes.
- Owns the product lifecycle from launch to retirement.
- Collaborates as needed with internal sales organizations to ensure there is a roadmap for all products and plans in place to integrate them into marketing and sales channels.
- Drives discovery and evaluation of new business models and concepts to enhance the guest experience.
- Bachelor's degree Marketing or related business field required. MBA preferred.
- 7- 10 years of professional experience in brand portfolio creation/management, new product launch and operationalization experience, experience insight driven management, project development and delivery experience. Experience / product development, design and technology expertise is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, negotiating skills and ability to make decisions in context of evolving goals and tight timeframes.
- Must be capable of building a strong and trusting cross-functional / cross discipline relationships and maintain high respect and accountability with respect to the Sr. Leadership team.
- Must possess capability to comprehend and align focus and deliverables to a clear understanding of the business strategy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large projects with significant risk and complexity to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Proven ability to solve unique and complex problems.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with project leadership.
- Successful track record of influencing senior level professionals to drive business outcomes, resolve issues, and build consensus.
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting).
- Recognized as an expert within their discipline. Has developed depth and/or breadth of expertise in their function and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function. Ability to anticipate internal/external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommend process, product, or service improvements within the function.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Corporation & plc
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla. (copy and paste link into your browser).
Job ID 10793989