Sr. Director, Financial & Accounting Planning Global Ports DevelopmentJob ID 7292 Location Miami, Florida Date posted 11/16/2023
The Sr. Director, Accounting, Financial Planning and Control–Development Projects & Partnerships– Global Ports and Destinations Development will be responsible for leading the accounting, financial management and control and compliance of Carnival Corporation’s new large destinations development projects as well as the revitalization of current high-profile projects. This leader partners heavily internally and externally and leads the development and review of new development business cases as well as new projects at current destinations.
- Leads the strategic financial planning, compliance, budget analysis and control of large development projects, effectively partnering across Carnival Corporation’s Finance organization to ensure all aspects are considered
- Leads engagement and collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Leads the strategic development and financial review of business cases for new destination development projects or new projects at current destinations
- Operates as finance lead for joint ventures and partnerships across all brands for all high-profile projects
- Manages a team of direct reports including senior accountant(s) and project coordinator(s)
- Implements and inspects appropriate accounting and controls to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures for new and existing development projects
- Heads tax calculation for existing destinations and new business cases, including investments in current destinations and new destinations; ensures appropriate tax framework in close partnership with Global Tax
- Manages project budget against spend, providing visibility and control of change orders and use of contingencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering
- MBA required
- 10 years of professional experience in accounting, finance, and financial planning roles. Cruise industry strongly desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong executive presence, independent thinker, inquisitive, problem solver, ability to structure unstructured problems and processes, financial planning, business development, strategy, strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent presentation skills
- Executive presence; strong business sense and results driven. Excellent problem solving and strategy-development skills.
- Excellent organization, and management skills, with impeccable reliability and strong time management and project management effectiveness.
- Excellent leadership skills and credibility, with a strong track record of building, retaining and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills, enabling effective relationships, collaborations and interactions with senior executives, peers and teams across multiple functions/departments.
- High degree of self-motivation, tenacity and dedication, with aspirations and potential for senior general management positions
- Strong curiosity and interest in learning the cruise business and its performance drivers, and ability to quickly come up the learning curve.
- Strategic mindset, balancing short-term, more tactical needs and opportunities with long term, strategic challenges and imperatives
- English and fluent Spanish required
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and/or computer for extended periods of time. Requires regular movement throughout CCL facilities.
Travel: 25-50% non-shipboard travel likely. More than 50% non-shipboard travel likely.
Work Conditions: Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Work may require employee to work inside and outside with exposure to changing climate and/or operate machinery.
The range for this role’s base salary is $137,700 - $190,000. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles may also be eligible to participate in Carnival’s discretionary equity incentive plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program and wellness center at our Miami campus
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus