Company: Carnival Cruise LineArea of Interest: Human ResourcesLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Specialist, Learning & Dev
Companies don’t drive results. People do. And highly trained people drive greater results. But you already know this! It’s because of your passion for empowering the people that drive results that you have honed your Learning and Development skills for the past 2+ years.
You have partnered with internal stakeholders and businesses to discover their unique learning needs. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to design and deliver the eLearning tools and programs needed to meet these needs.
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the development, delivery, administration, and assessment of employee training programs to meet specific business needs for new and existing team members. The L&D Specialist is accountable for identifying skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary for team members to perform their duties successfully, in partnership with the business and aligned with our company's values and leadership behaviors. The L&D Specialist delivers instructor led training, develops eLearning content, supports New Hire Orientation and administers compliance training courses. This position supports all team members within Carnival's Miami HQ office.
- Executes training design and delivery for technical and interpersonal skills, New Hire Orientation, Compliance, and Leadership programs. Develops and delivers effective training programs (in person and virtually) on topics related to the needs of the business. This includes needs assessment, instructor and participant materials (course outline, background material, and training aids), logistics as needed, and post-training assessment. Communicates learning opportunities and acts as training contact for the business.
- Researches, designs, and delivers programs, courses and videos to meet needs of the business. Develops eLearning and videos using authoring software (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Storyline, Powtoon, etc.). Develops appropriate learning plans, resource materials, and project plans, aligned with company brand guidelines and principles.
- Uses the company Cornerstone LMS to load courses, communicate with participants, track and report registration, attendance, and content quality. Acts as the training contact to answer questions and resolve issues for the business.
- Consults with the business in assessing, scoping and recommending learning solutions aligned with company leadership competencies to meet team and/or individual objectives.
- Evaluates training effectiveness, makes recommendations, and applies feedback to ensure maximum impact to the business.
- Participate in identifying, selecting and evaluating vendors to deliver trainings and performance solutions.
- Oversees L&D office, including managing training room requests, hardware upkeep, supplies management, etc.
- Handles special projects within the team as needed. Performs other job related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Discipline or major in Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, or similar
- Industry certifications in facilitation, learning design, and/or coaching preferred
- 2+ years' experience in Learning & Development providing instructor led, virtual, and eLearning training
- Knowledge and experience applying adult learning principles to design, implement and deliver learning solutions
- Experience with project and program management preferably in L&D
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) with strong classroom presence and time management abilities
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities, work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Outstanding customer focus, work ethic, collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrated experience building relationships, influencing, and consulting
- Must be professional, energetic, and have a positive attitude
- Knowledge of conducting training virtually with online collaboration tools (ie Adobe Connect, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Communicator)
- Experience designing content using Adobe Captivate or related authoring tools
- Very strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience working with Cornerstone LMS or similar platform
- Demonstrated ability to work with hardware (e.g., PCs, projectors, TVs, printers)
- Environmental Compliance Plan Responsibilities: Responsible for reporting information related to environmental releases or inadequate performance of environmental pollution equipment, system
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
Job ID 10562278