Shipboard Workforce PlannerJob ID 833 Date posted 05/23/2021
We are seeking a Shipboard Workforce Planner!
This individual aligns the business plans with the workforce onboard. Create and analyze forecasts and other key performance indicators. Plan for shipboard staffing requirements based on historical trends, drivers, shrinkages, events, etc…The planner handles all inquiries in a timely manner, updates the system to maintain accuracy as needed and provides future assignments to returning crew members.
- Develop and drive workforce planning efforts that are aligned with long-term staffing objectives in support of business plan and operational needs.
- Creates and executes plans to optimize and/or improve scheduling efficiencies to meet business operations onboard. Understanding of supply chain and forecasting principles to determine future staffing needs and impact.
- Provide strategic recommendations to decision-makers in operations and HR on staffing needs and crew movement.
- Maintain crew personnel system with crew arrival confirmations; respond promptly to requests from team members, shipboard crew and Department Head inquiries.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by department head
- Identifies course of action or makes recommendations relating to staffing deviations based on observations (Crew requests, Schedule Adjustments, Skill changes).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineer, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year forecasting or scheduling experience. 2-3 years of Workforce Planning experience preferred
- Microsoft Office and PC proficiency (intermediate to advance level with Excel)
- Demand planning, Scheduling staff, Six Sigma, Green Belt, Workforce planning experience preferred
- Ability to think logically and creatively. Good interpersonal and organizational skills, detail oriented, responsible and reliable.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Good planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn, great customer service. Knowledge of crew management system and scheduling optimization system preferred.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Search for Jobs at Any of Our Other Brands
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.