Company: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEArea of Interest: Operations ManagementLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Senior Director, Entertainment Operations
Responsible for the on target delivery of the entertainment program throughout the Carnival fleet. Ensure all elements of the program, including cruise directors, production shows, music, comedy, deck parties, activities, etc., are executed to the creative standards as originally conceived and within establish budget parameters. Leverage the onboard and shore side entertainment teams to drive onboard revenue and favorable TGEM scores. Develop programs to insure team members are efficiently trained and ready for their roles. Develop programs to insure team members receive leadership training and future leader are identified and their grown is supported. Maintain and improve quality assurance programs including Recipe for Fun. Responsible for Entertainment revenue streams, goal setting, and growth plans. Provide support for the general operations of the department including budget process and Entertainment Standard Operating Procedures. Partner closely with other departments to realize company revenue goals and cross departmental initiatives.
- Ensure the compliance with safety protocols.
- Lead the shore side and ship board Entertainment Operations team in the execution of the entertainment program.
- Develop and maintain consistent delivery of entertainment programming within established budgetary and operational parameters.
- Establish best practices to find, recruit, onboard, train, schedule and retain top talent.
- Develop systems and processes to assure team has proper skills, focus, teamwork, creativity, communication, morale and motivation.
- Foster an integrated approach to the ship board entertainment whereby efficiency is achieved and value is added to the guest experience by sharing resources and personnel across entertainment disciplines.
- Partner and collaborate with shore side entertainment personnel in creative development, technical and other areas to ensure new product is a good fit for the operational business needs. Develop and deliver new entertainment experiences. Establish and execute new initiatives to improve/increase our offerings. Insure all disciplines evaluate strengths and weaknesses to continually improve.
- Develop and deliver new entertainment experiences. Establish and execute new initiatives to improve/increase our offerings. Insure all disciplines evaluate strengths and weaknesses to continually improve.
- Further a culture among the ship board teams to seek out opportunities for driving revenue, establishing goals and holding leaders accountable. Partner with other departments, including Bar, F&B, and Excursions, to develop initiatives to work more closely and drive incremental revenue.
- Monitor TGEM scores and develop strategies for continuous improvement, ensuring the ship board teams are focused in this area and that the shore side Entertainment Department has awareness. Insure areas make action plans to correct for deficits.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Discipline or Major in Business Management or Arts Administration.
- Ten years management in the cruise industry or a related multi-faceted entertainment organization.
- Specific experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: show production and operation, music, comedy, events.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience applying consultative and influencing skills to effectively persuade stakeholders at various levels of management, evidence of interaction and influence with senior management required.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
Job ID 10857080