We are currently seeking a Media Production Manager - Contractor. This position will manage and facilitate the media production efforts for Carnival Corporation’s Global Experience & Innovation group. Working closely with internal partners and external production teams, this role is responsible for executing and delivering an evolving slate of high-quality media products for a variety of distribution channels including broadcast, OceanView OTT, mobile and internal private network. Additionally, this position will facilitate and track the global distribution of original content, organize the produced media assets, and track associated financials and viewership data.
- Oversee the entire production process (pre-production, production, and post-production) to efficiently and effectively plan and execute the content strategy while ensuring alignment with the creative vision.
- Responsible for simultaneously planning, coordinating, and executing complex video and photo shoots aboard ships and in destinations around the world for multiple productions.
- In concert with Sr. Manager, Media Strategy & Production and other leaders, collaborate on strategic objectives to execute the production and brand strategy for each series and episode to develop compelling creative content that is on-brand, on-message. Work proactively on-set to ensure and maintain brand integrity and that on-camera messaging, imagery, and action is in line with the brand and Carnival’s communication strategies and priorities.
- Lead, mentor, and manage contracted Production Supervisors (assigned to each production) to facilitate the entire production process, acting as the central point of contact for production teams.
- Oversee the management of all facets of pre-production and on-site filming logistics to include arranging port and ship access, stateroom bookings, onboard requests & venue/location reservations, on-camera appearances by ship’s officers & crew, and filming in Carnival-operated destinations.
- Build harmonious and collaborative working relationships with port, shipboard, and production teams and enthusiastically, diplomatically, and professionally represent Carnival Corporation Global Experience & Innovation to ensure successful shoots while minimizing impacts to guest and revenue operations.
- Participate in post-production review process to give productive creative notes and direction to enhance content and ensure brand/story integrity. Review associated assets (including still images, social media posts, episode titles/descriptions, etc.) to effectively promote the shows and track/share episode airing and product information with internal and external brand partners.
- Partner with development team to facilitate function development for OceanView app on all platforms. Track and report status and timelines for development and features and work with partners to determine, coordinate, and manage content update schedules.
- Track, report, and analyze distribution channels (broadcast & digital) for all content and the respective viewership/audience data (ratings, downloads, views, app performance).
- Manage, organize, and tag media assets within the digital asset management system.
- Participate in all aspects of creative development for shows in pre-production, production and post production.
- Identify engaging and relevant content acquisition opportunities to further expand OceanView library.
- Direct internal and external digital productions and workflows, ensuring effective collaboration and asset deliverables.
- Enable fluid creative review approach that enables senior leadership to provide feedback which can be integrated into the production process.
- Ensure film crews’ compliance with all safety and company regulations.
- Act as an agent of change, often under difficult circumstances, while being able to command the respect and admiration of team members and executives.
- Maintain a "service" orientation while always being available to contribute and help wherever the need may lie.
- Act as a resource for Carnival Corp and all company brands for the development and creation of original programming and content creation.