Manager, Onboard Revenue AccountingJob ID 723 Date posted 05/12/2021
The manager of Onboard Revenue Accounting (“ OBR”) is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely recording of CCL’s various OBR concession streams in compliance with company policies and accounting principles. This position plays a critical role in the financial close process and is the SME on all OBR accounting-related issues and associated costs from internal operations and concessionaire/third party contracts. This position will manage and develop a team of up to 5 professionals and will acquire a deep knowledge of CCL system interfaces and processes (shipboard and shoreside) related to the recording of onboard revenues.
The OBR manager reviews multiple account reconciliations, partners with other departments to improve processes and find efficiencies and ensures adherence to internal controls. This role also provides assistance to internal and external auditors on their periodic reviews.
This position requires flexibility and the ability to react and solve unexpected issues especially during month end close. The manager OBR also assists the director with special projects and provides SME guidance on OBR to other stakeholders.
- Ensure the accurate recording of various OBR streams including concession overrides
- Review/approve multiple balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure timely execution of concession settlements in accordance with contract terms
- Provide SME guidance on concession related accounting issues to business partners
- Act as point person for internal and external audit requests related to operations accounting
- Drive initiatives to automate manual processes and transform department
- Implement best practices and controls to mitigate risk of errors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4 to 5 years in accounting/finance with growing responsibilities. Experience with monthly financial closings. 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with debits and credits. Sound judgement in making decisions. Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word / Previous experience with Oracle Financial Systems, Hyperion Essbase or similar programs
- Excellent organizational skills, with a focus on deadlines and getting results / Excellent communications skills – written/verbal
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Working at Carnival Corporation
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.Working at Carnival Cruise Lines