Company: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEArea of Interest: Marine OperationsLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: ERP Lead (CCL)
We are currently seeking an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) Lead! Serve as Emergency Response Plan (ERP) Lead/Expert. Provide direction and support for ERP development and proficiency program designed to deliver enhanced shipboard safety awareness through formalized training, drill and assessment programs across Deck, Engine and Hotel departments. Focus is on ship safety related functions. Coordinate and collaborate with ship and shore-side subject matter experts (SMEs) to build and explore the most effective means of delivery tailored HESS training and drill programs to the ships. Review tracking, analysis and monitoring of ship performance, follow-up on actions for improvements while ensuring sustainability. Analyse incoming Health Action Team (HAT) meeting reports to identify and support on any Regulatory Safety concerns and work with SMEs to develop resolutions. Roll-out and train ship-board teams on new procedures.
- Visit vessels to oversee and assist in regulatory and audit inspections, as deemed necessary. Guide and lead the implementation of action plan for any raised non-conformities (NC) or observations (OBS) from Risk Analysis & Audit Services (RAAS), USCG, Flag, Class and any other Authority; Review any new requirement or revision and take a proactive approach to maintain compliance with a close look on Training procedures (TRG).
- Engage with third parties for potential material updates. Review Firefighting, Life Saving Apparatus (LSA) and Safe Return to Port related training as well as any other to ensure the CCL quality and compliance standards.
- Guide, train and provide support for the development and deployment of Safety-related training Drills and assessments.
- Partner with other Shoreside department on any HESS training, Touch Drills and Mobile Assembly Suit (MAS), Monitor the Fleet training platform Learning Management System (LMS). Visit Vessels to provide safety related training as required, based on Crew proficiency level and as required by the Director or Ship’s Management.
- In conjunction with the Managers and Ships, monitor administer and follow-up on ERP, Training Drill and assessment. Conduct gap analyses then, track and monitor training requirements and proficiency levels across the fleet. Deliver tailored training for each ship and team as needed. Keep accurate records of invoices, and expenses are accounted for and approved with support of the Director.
- Partner with HESS functional counterparts to support SME for both development of new training and Drills, for on board content delivery via travelling training teams.
- Coordinate communication practice between department and Shipboard team (including scheduling calls, coordinate the agendas and meeting minutes).
- Coordinate calendar of HESS-ERP event and upcoming project to be shared with other department and shipboard teams.
- Track, monitor and report trends in regards Fire-fighting (FF), LSA, Safe Return to Port training, assessment, electronic accountability (Mobile Assembly Suit) and LMS.
- Assist in the implementation of applicable safety codes, regulations, procedures and corporate safety standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Nautical Academy, Marine Transportation, or other related degree preferred.
- Formal preparation/certifications/coursework in training development; STCW and associated certifications in shipboard safety roles.
- 5 years’ of experience in ship or Shoreside operations and organizing and delivering shipboard training and safety programs. Train-the-trainer experience. Preferred service as a ship’s Deck Officer, Training Officer/Manager, or other shipping sectors.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; effective communication skills across multiple media forms; Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills; high degree of self-motivation, tenacity, and drive. Commitment to continuous improvement, above and beyond compliance.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, & Powerpoint) required. Maintain an expert knowledge of training systems and equipment.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)