E-Commerce Director (Remote)Job ID 5912 Location Miami, Florida Date posted 03/22/2023
The position will drive the strategy, implementation, and continued improvement of the user/guest ecommerce and content experience for Carnival.com. The role will partner closely with leaders across the organization, marketing functions and other relevant business units to drive the success of the .com resource. The role will lead the team that manages agency partners, internal IT development teams and production budgets, along with product owners, analysts, and designers. This role is required to build and maintain relationships at all levels within and outside the organization, delivering results on high impact projects, and exhibits the Carnival Values in all that we do.
- Develop and execute the eCommerce strategy for the CCL website and mobile platform that supports growth for all sales channels by collaborating with internal departments leads such as Revenue Management, Sales, and IT.; Optimize shopping journey to improve the planning and booking experience.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of the ecommerce experiences including .com personalization to improve the visitor experience.
- Lead forecasting and budgeting in collaboration with planning teams.
- Gain insights from reporting and analytics to help refine and optimize the business.
- Partner closely with marketing groups and other relevant business units to drive the success of the ecommerce business. Provide direction and support to the product content, optimization, personalization & merchandising and user experience teams. Lead the personalization, merchandising & digital optimization teams to deliver on key revenue-driving initiatives while exceeding the guest expectation experience. Promote a work environment that fosters creativity, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs.
- Act as a hands-on leader that will take existing tools and ways of working and expand our opportunities into new channels and ways to reach our customer. Actively seek new ways to optimize the head-to-toe ecommerce experience, shopping journey and the planning and booking experience by evaluation of improved solutions, customer communication tools, mobile solutions, and innovation opportunities; evaluate and suggest ways to continue to improve logistics and reduce logistics expenses.
- Be an advocate for the customer through execution of user centered design elements and processes. Help drive efficient acquisition and retention efforts, utilizing insights, data, and a 360 view of the customer to drive results.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree a Plus
- Discipline/Major:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- Required Years and Area of Professional Experience:10+ years of progressive experience working and managing websites and e-commerce initiatives. Travel industry experience is a plus.
- Critical Professional Related Technical/Computer Skills:Experience with web analytics tools. Experience using a CMS- Sitecore, Google Analytics, ContentSquare a plus. Working technical knowledge of page tagging, Java, HTML, and CSS.
- Other Requirements:Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills Act as a critical thought partner to the VP II, and department leadership across the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Proven leader of executing large ecommerce projects including team management and development. Experience with B2C ecommerce. Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technology and sophisticated analytics. expertise on current ecommerce and Mobile industry best practices. Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions. Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives. Strong understanding of the web, mobile interfaces, interactivity, and user experience. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team. Ability to specify technical changes to technical/development teams. Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization including senior leaders. Demonstrates deep knowledge and experience driving revenue through digital (web, mobile and social) strategies. Expert in using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements. Must have a proven track record of revenue and/or brand led KPI successes. Track record of hiring, leading and training high-performing digital teams.
The range for this role’s base salary is $130,000 - $170,000. Offers to select candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage.
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends.
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement.
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus.
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.