Company: Carnival Cruise LineArea of Interest: MarketingLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Director, Marketing & Consumer Insights
We are currently seeking a Director of Research and Consumer Insights! This role focuses on providing insights on the consumer through research and data analytics. Crucial to the role is providing a holistic view of the Carnival guests and prospects to support strategies to impact both Commercial and Operation teams. Focus will be on identifying timely and actionable insights about our guests’ and target consumer wants and needs by leading key strategic quantitative and qualitative research initiatives across the company. Critical to this role is assessing Carnival’s position within the vacation competitive landscape. This role is also responsible for ongoing identification and opportunity sizing of new to brand demand pools and associated insights. This person will partner with marketing stakeholders to identify key source markets, target guest profiles and growth opportunities given macro trends.
- Develop and share insights about the Carnival guest and customer experience. This includes monitoring of brand tracker surveys, TGEM post cruise survey, ad hoc research, internal guest data, and external data sources to develop a holistic view of the guest. It should provide strong insights to the company on drivers of customer experience, specific opportunity areas to focus on to maximize guest satisfaction/ revenue/ loyalty, and provide an overview of guest insights that can be parsed by different filters (e.g. homeport, source market, ship class, etc.).
- Brand and Competitive tracking: Partner with All Brand Group, Performance Marketing team and research partners to monitor brand health via monthly, quarterly, and annual surveys. Manage brand tracker surveys, industry trends, and identify key areas to focus on vs. competitors to differentiate our product and create competitive advantages.
- Operation Research Needs: Partner with Operations to design and develop custom guest research studies to answer key questions about our guests’ wants and needs on specific topics (e.g. entertainment, food, shorex, partnerships, experiences, etc.).
- Conduct annual opportunity sizing and feasibility analysis on potential target segments. Includes top down analysis of potential vacation market, sizing the potential impact to CCL, and assessing level of effort needed to access these target segments in order to grow bookings. Partner with the Marketing team and Media/Advertising Agencies.
- Conduct annual Carnival guest target segmentation and consumer journey research. This role will deep dive to identify valuable behaviors and demographics of the Carnival target segments to support communications and product development. It will also identify changes YOY.
- Partner with Brand strategy and Advertising teams to develop communication strategy and conduct ad testing and creative performance monitoring.
- Responsible for overall budget, forecasting, and monitoring trends to optimize research and data analysis effectiveness. Manage and train reports in their respective areas.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Discipline or major in Liberal Arts degree; Marketing Research or Marketing concentration.
- 10+ Years and area of Professional experience.
- Expert in quantitative and qualitative research methodology; highly analytical; skilled in extracting meaningful and actionable insights from large amounts of data; excellent communicator; ability to influence across a matrixed organization (Operations, Marketing, etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SPSS, SAS, Database software like SQL, Tableau a plus.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
Job ID 10728827