Make a difference from spreadsheet to swimming pool.
Take your talent to new places.
Search all Shoreside Careers
Company: Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest: Carnival Corporation
Job Title: Director, Global Financial Planning & Analysis
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
The Individual will be a key contributor to the future and ongoing success of the company. S/He will take a lead in delivering the annual planning processes as well as supporting quarterly guidance preparation. S/He will also work with senior management throughout the company to provide value added analysis and support. This individual will be a key contributor to the growth of the department by providing leadership, a strong professional presence, technical expertise and a business/operational focus.
- Lead and manage workload of Senior Manager and Financial Analysts on various tasks including but not limited to the items listed below
- Manage development of Senior Manager and Financial Analysts
- Lead the annual planning cycle; including the new build, strategy, capital and operating plans
- Preparation of a variety of analyses for the CEO, CFO and VP Investor Relations for the quarterly conference call including the highlighting of new trends which are developing
- Creation of CFO’s Presentations to the Board of Directors
- Prepare competitive analysis for Executive/Senior Management and the Board of Directors including value added commentary
- Lead the creation of Long-term (five year) financial projections for Executive Management, the Board of Directors and the Rating Agencies
- Annually prepare value added analysis of brand and ship ROI’s
- A variety of value added self-initiated ad-hoc analysis as well as analysis requested by Executive Management and other departments
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification. Preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years of total experience
- Progressed to the director level
- Direct experience with a large multi-billion dollar international corporation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Superior skills with analytical software, especially Microsoft Excel, and experience with a variety of financial analysis
- Experience with leading and managing process change and/or project management and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong proficiency with Power Point, Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Financial Systems or the equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written presentation and communication skills
- Creative thinker and solutions oriented
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, team-oriented environment
- “Hands-on” style and detail-oriented approach to analysis preparation and/or review
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Be able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Informative and collaborative communications style.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads
- Uncompromising personal integrity, as well as a high-level of respect for all individuals
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary
- Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development
- An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req7242Job ID 4261103