Coordinator, Public HealthJob ID 3354 Location Miami, Florida Date posted 03/07/2022
We are seeking a Public Health Coordinator who will coordinate and support public health operations, programs, projects, and activities. This position provides administrative support for the Public Health team, such as vendor scheduling, invoice processing, data entry, and managing travel, among others.
Administrative support for Public Health operations and programs
- Completes tasks and processes assigned such as administrative support, vendor scheduling, invoice processing, and data entry.
- Assists with specific components of various departmental programs, such as water sampling, IMP, and compliance.
- Manages travel arrangements for all members of the Public Health team.
- Manages departmental records in compliance with record retention policies.
- Codes, records and reviews departmental invoices in the accounts payable systems according to policy.
- Reconciles appropriate department purchases and expenses using the appropriate source documents and company policy (annual Plan, Markview, departmental purchases).
- Prepares, submits, and tracks departmental expense reports.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cost effectiveness within the department.
AdHoc Project Support
- Supports ad-hoc and non-recurring projects while still satisfying requirements of regular daily assignments.
- Provides cross-coverage for other Health Services and Public Health roles upon request.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience in positions defined by administrative support and/or clerical responsibilities. College degree may substitute for work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with Public Health terminology is preferred.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in logistics and scheduling preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to independently maintain priorities.
- Comfortable with deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solver.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with vendors, ship personnel, employees, internal departments, and management.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Search for Jobs at Any of Our Other Brands
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.