Coordinator, Policy & AccreditationJob ID 2219 Date posted 10/12/2021
We are seeking a Policy and Accreditation Coordinator who will be responsible for providinf high-level support to Manager and Supervisor of Accreditation and Quality Improvement, to coordinate audit shipboard medical centre including results review, response and tracking. Coordinate complaints and medical error review, categorization, closure and tracking. Track and review Tier III HESS MS Policy for brand differences and coordinate policy revisions in conjunction with Manager.
- Receive audit reports, review results and categorize findings to determine appropriate follow-up actions such as the need for additional information, policy or standard clarification, or coordination with manager for corrective actions. Ensure closeout of findings by the final due date.
- Receive, research, categorize and potentially respond to patient medical complaints in order to prioritize concerns and reduce number of grievance escalations. Engage appropriate stakeholders to develop response to complainant through appropriate channels with a final resolution. Track and categorize all complaints. Requests for medical records.
- Plan and schedule internal shipboard medical audits in compliance with requirements of the accreditation program and HESS MS policy. Notify ships, and auditors in a timely and professional manner of the audit process and coordinate the requirements for implementation of entire auditing process through completion and closeout.
- Receive, review, prioritize and categorize all shipboard medical errors. Engage appropriate stakeholders in order to investigate, close and track all errors.
- Collate Tier III HESS-MS policies across all North American Brands and identify and report on differences. Work closely with Manager to coordinate policy revisions and track progress of change requests
- Collect and organize information for annual Accreditation and Quality Improvement Report based on the action plan and scheduled dates. Upload evidence for accreditation program and ensure all updated policies are accurately reflected in HESS MS platform
- Provide backup to other departmental Coordinator and Assistant positions as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associate degree or equivalent college coursework required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience with similar scope and responsibilities is required. College degree may substitute for work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to apply analytical and logistic skills; maintain attention to detail and accuracy. Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with vendors, ship personnel, employees, internal departments, and management. Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple and competing priorities
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Search for Jobs at Any of Our Other Brands
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.