Coordinator, Healthcare FinanceJob ID 2226 Date posted 10/14/2021
We are seeking a Healthcare Finance Coordinator to support the clinical business team by accurately controlling expenses and completing payments by receiving, processing, verifying and consoling medical invoices for medical services, suppliers, equipment purchases and equipment maintenance. Assist Supervisor with the creation and monthly review of financial reports.
- Processing of department invoices:
- Ensure invoices for medical services, suppliers, equipment purchases and equipment maintenance are received and verified for accuracy and payments are processed within contracted term dates. Address invoice discrepancies with both vendors and Clinical Business Supervisor.
- Monitor the accuracy of approved discounts and identify additional discount opportunities.
- Charge expenses to the correct accounts and cost centers by analysing invoices and accurately recording the entries.
- Maintain accurate records by verifying and posting transactions to appropriate medical claims.
- Initiate benefit payments for shipboard staff on medical leave. Monitor and confirm accurate compensation disbursements based on contractual agreement.
- Verify and submit payment authorizations to shipboard accounting team when reimbursing shipboard team for medical expenses incurred while on medical leave.
- Conduct disciplined reviews of assigned areas of responsibility and provide recommendations that promote continual improvement.
- Biomedical Expenses
- To comply with Company purchasing guidelines and maintain accurate records of transactions/purchases related to medical equipment and associated maintenance expenses.
- To alert management of any purchases, invoice discrepancies and/or purchase processes that may not comply with the Company guidelines.
- To process medical facilities purchases in a methodical and accurate way in a timely manner with the designated accounts payable system.
- To demonstrate a high level of sensitivity to cost effectiveness within all aspects of Medical Facilities through a screening process of purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist with back up support to the medical facilities team in the areas equipment procurement, logistical arrangements and other general assistance.
- Vendor Support
- Respond to vendor inquiries and/or general information requests within department’s set timelines.
- Work with Global Supplier Department to set up new or updated vendor accounts.
- Together with accounts payable department, work to resolve vendor payment issues or delays.
- General administration
- To complete all ad hoc projects as per Management assignments
- To consistently remain attentive and responsive to important business related matters, even if the related issues don’t have a direct affect.
- Associates Degree
- Pursuing degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in business and accounting processes. Experience in the health care industry is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while prioritizing workloads. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various teams. Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Outlook PowerPoint. Advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel inclusive of a wide range of Excel features, formulas and organizing data.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures. Knowledge of medical terminology associated with medical invoices.
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
What is it that makes Carnival Corporation & PLC such a desirable place to build a rewarding career? The truth is, there are all kinds of reasons, from great benefits to outstanding opportunities to grow and reach your potential.
Carnival Corporation & PLC is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, HAP, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.Search for Jobs at Any of Our Other Brands
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Working with Carnival Cruise Line is an opportunity to shape the future of one of the largest brands in the cruise business - all while developing a career that you can really be proud of.
Carnival Cruise Line is a leader in contemporary cruising and operates 20+ ships designed to provide fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. As one of the most recognizable brands in the cruise business, Carnival Cruise Line has a broad appeal to families, couples, singles and seniors. One common denominator among all of our guests is their desire to enjoy a great vacation - something we never fail to deliver.