Casting & Booking Supervisor - Technical Entertainment (Hybrid in Miami)Job ID 5568 Location Miami, Florida Date posted 03/22/2023
We are seeking a Casting & Booking Supervisor to be responsible for the strategy of attracting, recruiting, hiring, and scheduling top talent in their specified discipline across the Carnival Cruise Line fleet. Develop audition strategy based the manning needs, new programs being developed, and seasonality. Identify potential talent sources and create relationships to develop diverse talent pools. Ensure each ship has the correct casting to support the programs, special events, and demographics based on the individual ship’s needs. Manage the bidding process for returning team members, start to finish.
- Design and maintain a recruitment strategy to build a strong roster of diverse talent
- This includes when, where, and how to audition/interview
- Conduct auditions (online and in cities around the world) to find the best new talent for all positions, and ensure all who apply receive a timely response from CCL Entertainment
- Strategically cast team members based on knowledge of shipboard product and individual’s skill set
- Build and maintain productive relationships with agencies and schools to develop a diverse pipeline of qualified talent
- Partner with directors and operational managers to maintain overall quality and integrity of Entertainment programs
- Supervise the Specialist, Casting & Booking by providing direction, encouragement, support and motivation.
- Continually analyze processes and systems, and develop strategies for improving future results
- Less than 25% non-shipboard travel likely
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years working in an office environment, preferably with database systems and the need to use strategic thinking
- Must be computer/tech/web savvy and familiar with all MS office products, especially Excel
- Database knowledge preferred
- Strategic thinking to find solutions to complex problems that can balance short and long-term objectives
- Ability to work proactively, both individually and as a team
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused when working under pressure in time-sensitive situations
The range for this role’s base salary is $51,600 - $65,000. Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Director and above roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Health Benefits:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- Financial Benefits:
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Other Benefits
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus
In addition to other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak up when they see misconduct or have concerns.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical orsensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.