Company: Carnival Corporation & plcArea of Interest: Executive ManagementLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Beverage Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
You know how to convert Data to Value. You are a trusted sourcing expert and business partner in the beverage space; you have experience working with multiple beverage categories.
You have spent the last 5+ years developing your analytical skills at a large hotel chain, theme park, or other major hospitality player. You know that all business is based on relationships so you are an excellent communicator and relationship builder. You have strong influencing skills and the ability to work seamlessly across our 10 brands because you truly understand the different stakeholders’ needs.
If reporting directly to the VP, Global Sourcing Food & Beverage at a Fortune 200 Company sounds like your next career move, we’d like to make your acquaintance.
Please submit your interest today!
We are currently seeking a Beverage Global Strategic Sourcing Manager. This position reports to the VP of Global Sourcing Food & Beverage and is responsible for establishing and leading the execution of the sourcing strategies for the key spends in the Beverage area that account for about $160M. The area includes but is not limited to Soda, Spirits, beer, water and Wine.
Main objectives are to support the development of category strategies and manage all aspects of the purchase process including ongoing category management, negotiations, and administrations of contracts for assigned categories. Effectively manage supplier relationships and ensure performance. Identify and implement new or improved programs by conducting thorough cost analysis, market research, and vendor reviews. Work with operating brands to harmonize/optimize specifications in order to improve product quality, consistency and yields, while driving out cost.
Support the development of sourcing strategy
- Conduct industry analysis for key items
- Monitor market trends/seasonability in order to identify favorable market conditions for buying/positioning of contracts
- Conduct detailed spend analysis of current purchasing environment in order to identify financial opportunities and category harmonization.
Execute sourcing strategy
- Manage the bids, collect and consolidate data, launch tenders in the market, analyze quotations, build potential scenarios, negotiate with suppliers, draft award recommendations while maximizing opportunity for Carnival Group.
- Work with COE (center of excellence) to analyze all bids and create business case to support awarding recommendation.
- Ensure award recommendations are aligned with category strategy, company objectives, and expected guest experience.
- Advise management and make recommendations for strategic sourcing plans, contracts and/or related functions
- Plan and schedule pre-award meetings and coordinate evaluation process with relevant departments
- Formulate and communicate bid schedules to management and operating brands
- Ensure all pre-bid information is accurately collected prior to bid launch, contracts are finalized within expected time frame, and awards meet strategy objectives
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure all feedback received from business units are properly addressed. Monitor contract performance and inventory levels; work with business units on overages / underages.
Partner and collaborate with all Operating Companies
- Work closely to all Operating Companies in order to effectively leverage our scale, simplify the supplier base, reduce total cost of ownership, harmonize and rationalize the specs, improve guest and crew satisfaction and create value
- Manage expectations, clearly quantify economics, educate stakeholders, and provide clear data for all strategic recommendations
- Work close to Brand’s Operation to understand operational and quality concerns and ensure it is addressed in future vendor selection and award recommendations
- Review and resolve contract price or quality product issues with suppliers and business units
- Participate in vendor development activities to improve overall product quality and services and reduce costs, in compliance with guidelines and policies. Activities included but not limited to: trade shows, seminars and industry events. May assist with special projects such as “spot buying” items based on urgency or business demands
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, hotel management or related field of study; or an equivalent of experience and skills.
- 6 to 10 years of strategic purchasing and procurement experience or contract administration in Hospitality, Food Service, Institutional or Manufacturing Industries, Beverage experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of the beverage market (suppliers, market structure, seasonality, key risks, supply chain)
- Must have good working knowledge of and experience in purchasing techniques and practices, contract and commercial law
- Skilled in supplier assessment and development; contract bid evaluation; value analysis, and negotiation.
- Skilled cost saving and negotiation abilities
- Strong understanding of economic indicators, price indices, market trends and statistical analysis.
- Must be able to interface independently and effectively with all levels, departments and OpCos within the organization; strong facilitation and project management skills a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the procurement of assigned commodities.
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional relations with suppliers, team members and any other party that conducts business with the organization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Oracle procurement systems a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment and manage multiple projects at the same time
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Corporation & plc
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla. (copy and paste link into your browser).
Job ID 10672805